The Fick family has been in the roofing business since 1915. The original Fick roofing company, Edward G. Fick & Sons, was founded by John P. Fick and remained in operation through the 1970′s. Brothers John R. and Joseph A. Fick started The Fick Bros.Roofing Company in 1949. Today, Fick Bros. is owned and managed by the third and fourth generations, Joseph A. Fick, Jr. and his son, J. Patrick Fick.
The early Fick companies were residentially oriented, installing many of the slate, metal and flat roofs on Baltimore’s row homes and the stately mansions of Homeland, Guilford and Roland Park. In the 1960′s, ’70′s and ’80′s, Fick Bros. moved into commercial roofing but still kept a hand in the residential business, installing all types of roofing on new homes and additions for builders and remodelers and reroofing some of Baltimore’s finer residences. In the mid 1990′s, Fick Bros. began a return to its roots, and once again became a predominantly residential roofing company. Recently, Fick Bros. has added new residential services – replacement windows and doors, masonry chimney repairs, carpentry, painting and specialty sheet metal fabrications – to compliment their long established expertise in roofing, gutters and downspouts, so as to better serve its’ loyal and growing customer base.
Fick Bros. has grown with Baltimore. We now have third and fourth generation customers and our customer list includes some of Baltimore’s oldest families. Our work is in old established neighborhoods and on many new homes as well. Fick Bros. is proud to be a part of Baltimore history and we look forward to continuing our family’s tradition – a tradition that started over 100 years ago.